Buckwheat Noodle Salad with Broccolini, Watercress & Orange Soy Sesame Dressing
This buckwheat noodle salad is nourishing, delicious and versatile! Enjoy it on its own as a lunch or light dinner. Serve it with a piece of pan-fried salmon, or some grilled prawns or tofu to make an easy gourmet meal.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Ingredients - Salad
Approximately 150g buckwheat/soba noodles
1/2 bunch broccolini
Small bunch (approximately 20 sprigs) watercress
Ingredients - Dressing
Juice of 1&1/2 oranges
2 d/spn soy sauce/tamari
1 d/spn toasted sesame oil
1 tsp white sesame seeds
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1 d/spn honey
1. Prepare the buckwheat/soba noodles as directed on the packet, as each brand differs slightly.
2. Cut off the fibrous lower stem of the broccolini and discard the stems.
2. In a small pot, bring half a litre of water to simmer, and blanch the broccolini by placing the sprigs into simmering water for one minute, then drain in a colander and run them under cold water for 30 seconds to cool them.
4. Prepare orange soy sesame dressing….lightly toast the sesame seeds on a low heat then combine all the ingredients together in a jar and shake (use immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 3 days).
5. To serve, mix watercress sprigs and blanched broccolini through the buckwheat noodles and generously spoon on the dressing.