Simple Carrot & Ginger Soup
This soup is light, warming, nourishing and delicious..... and very quick and easy to prepare!
Preparation time 30 mins
1/2kg organic carrots
1 medium sized brown onion
1 & 1/4 litres of water
approx 4cm knob of fresh ginger or 1tspn dry ginger powder
1 tspn sea salt
1. Peel carrots with a potato peeler and remove tops.
2. Roughly dice onion and carrots. Peel ginger and dice roughly. Add onions, carrots and ginger to a pot with the water.
3. Cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Remove the soup from the heat and blend using a stick blender until quite a smooth texture is achieved. Add salt to taste.
5. Depending on the sweetness of the carrots, a dspn of sugar can be added to fill out the flavour.
To garnish - add a handful of chopped fresh coriander or parsley leaves and a drizzle of macadamia oil.