Gaia awarded “World’s Best Day Spa” at World Spa Awards 2015
The recent red carpet ceremony 2015 World Spa Awards at the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort in Vietnam saw Talise by Jumeirah being crowned the World’s Best Hotel Spa Brand.
Gaia Retreat & Spa took out the titles of “World’s Best Day Spa” & “Oceania’s Best Day Spa” and was proud to be awarded winner over some of the world’s most renowned spa & resort facilities alongside Emirates Palace Spa, which claimed World’s Best Hotel Spa. The World Spa Awards aims to drive up standards within the spa industry by rewarding the organisations that are leaders in their field.
Receiving these great honours from the World Spa Awards, a new sister award program of the well-known World Travel Awards, which over its 22 year history has been labelled as the ‘Oscars of the Travel Industry’ by The Wall Street Journal, is a distinguished achievement. Gaia Directors Gregg Cave, Olivia Newton-John, Ruth Kalnin, and Warwick Evans attribute this outstanding acknowledgment to the excellence of their highly dedicated and passionate staff, continuously exceeding guest expectations.
“Words cannot express how excited we are to have been honoured with the title of ‘World’s Best Day Spa’ 2015. Each year Gaia lifts the bar, just that little notch higher. We feel incredibly blessed and grateful,” Gaia Retreat & Spa Directors, Olivia Newton-John & Gregg Cave said.
These highly sought after awards come at a time when Gaia is celebrating 10 successful years in the spa and retreat world. The prestigious Virtuoso Best of the Best Spa Awards 2015 was another recently received nomination. Gaia was selected amongst only 5 other top Spas worldwide from a list of more than 1100 properties. Gaia promises to continue to lead the way, creating a unique and authentic Australian Spa Retreat experience.
Since opening in 2005, Gaia Retreat & Spa has received numerous accolades and awards, gaining an impeccable reputation as a leading Authentic Australian Boutique Spa Experience. Some Awards include:
- World Travel Awards – considered the ‘Oscars of the Travel industry’ – Winner 2014 & 2013 – ‘Australia’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ and ‘Australia’s Leading Spa Resort’.
- World Luxury Hotel Awards – Winner 2015, 2014 & 2013 – ‘Best Destination Spa’
- Spa Traveller International Readers’ Choice – ‘Best Wellness Spa’ Australasia/South Pacific and ‘Best International Retreat for Solo Travellers’ Winner 2014, 2013 & 2012
- Trip Advisor – “Hall of Fame Certificate of Excellence 2015” for outstanding service 5 years in a row
- Trip Advisor – Travellers Choice 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 & 2010
- Gourmet Traveller – ‘Best Health Retreat’ 2011
- Conde Nast Traveller – Readers Spa Award Winner 2008 – ‘Favourite Overseas Hotel Spa – Australasia/South Pacific’
View more of Gaia’s Awards and Accolades – www.gaiaretreat.com.au/about/awards